"For an app this good, with so much information and useful tools to help maintain the health and well-being of a child, it's hard to believe that it's free. Get it!"(www.smartappsforandroid.com)
Asthma Buddy is a take-anywhere reminder of your day-to-day asthma medications. This easy to use app can help you to recognise if your asthma is getting worse and tell you what to do in response.
- Record your preventer and reliever medication plan and reference peak flow values (if used) for when you are feeling well, not well or worse.
- Know what to do in case of an emergency including easy access to the First Aid for Asthma instructions right on your smartphone.
- If you are a parent or carer of someone with asthma, you can record the action plans of up to 5 people in your care
- Email a PDF copy of any of these action plans to your doctor or yourself.
- Journal allows you to record asthma symptoms, possible triggers or regular peak flow measurements. You can keep track of what to look out for and what triggers to avoid, or print out the entries to discuss with your doctor.
- Record and access the contact details for your Doctor or Emergency contact person.
- Access the National Asthma Council website and our library of How-To videos including clips showing the correct use of various asthma and COPD inhalers.
- Links to the Sensitive Choice website which has information about hundreds of products and services that may be better choices for people with asthma and allergies.
Why should I use an asthma action plan?
The aim of a personalised asthma action plan is to help you take early action to prevent or reduce the severity of an asthma attack.
Follow your asthma action plan for:
- More days without asthma symptoms
- Fewer days off work or school
- Fewer asthma attacks
- Reduced need to use your reliever puffer
- Fewer hospital visits.
How do I get my personalised action plan?
If you or someone you are responsible for has asthma, ask your doctor about developing a personal asthma action plan.
Once you and your doctor have completed your asthma action plan, it will be given to you to keep. You could use it to remind yourself of your usual medication dose, know what triggers or symptoms to look out for, or check what to do if you start to feel unwell.
Action plans are available in many different formats including a handy Z-card that folds down to credit card size for your wallet or purse or it can be uploaded to Asthma Buddy on your smartphone.
Remember to regularly review your asthma action plan with your doctor, as your level of asthma severity or control may change over time.
If you are a Health Professional and would like more information about how Asthma Buddy could benefit your patients, please contact us.
Asthma Buddy Terms of Service
You can review full terms of service here.