Australian Asthma Handbook
The Australian Asthma Handbook is Australia's national guidelines for asthma management and National Asthma Council Australia's flagship publication, forming the foundation of all our health professional resources.
“The Australian Asthma Handbook was developed by primary care for primary care. It contains exactly what primary carers need — practical and useful information in plain English, underpinned by the latest evidence.”
Professor Amanda Barnard
Chair of the National Asthma Council Australia Guidelines Committee
Providing best practice, evidence-based guidance, the Australian Asthma Handbook is now an innovative, easy-to-use and searchable website.
Developed by a multidisciplinary team of nearly 100 respiratory specialists and primary care health professionals, and incorporating feedback from more than 1000 primary care professionals, the Handbook is the NAC’s flagship publication and forms the foundation of all our health professional resources.
- Complete update to 2006 edition of the Asthma Management Handbook
- More than 500 clear and practical recommendations
- The best evidence gathered using a rigorous methodology
- Extensive links to related resources and cited references
- Practice considerations for all primary care health professionals
- Endorsed by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP), the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) and the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ)