National Asthma Council Australia Board Vacancy
Independent Director (specialist physician with asthma expertise)
- Take an active part in shaping the future of asthma
- Extend governance expertise in a supportive board environment
The National Asthma Council Australia (NAC) has a board vacancy for a respiratory physican. The successful candidate will be an independent director (specialist physician with asthma expertise).
The NAC is a not-for-profit organisation working to build Australia’s capabilities in helping people with asthma to breathe well. A leading authority for asthma, the organisation has a clear strategic plan that focuses on the strengths of the organisation and its member bodies.
The NAC’s member bodies are the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association, the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. The NAC Board is made up of a representative from each of the member bodies and two independent Directors.
The role of independent director (specialist physician with asthma expertise) requires governance and strategic oversight applied in combination with clinical perspective and expertise.
Key criteria are:
- sound governance knowledge and experience (or interest in developing this)
- clinical expertise in asthma (adult or paediatric)
- good relationships and networks within the profession (preferably as a member of the TSANZ)
- effective media spokesperson ability and availability
- support for the work and strategic goals of the National Asthma Council Australia.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact the NAC CEO Ms Siobhan Brophy on 03 9929 4333 for a confidential discussion.
How to apply:
Review the position description and download the expression of interest form.
Submit your application to the NAC Board Secretariat via email, including your completed EoI form and brief resumé. Email:
Applications close 5 November 2018.