Living with Asthma
We have developed a wide variety of tools and resources to help you manage your asthma and lead a full and active life.
Asthma is a treatable health condition.
Although at present there is no cure, with good management people with asthma can lead normal, active lives.
The key to living with asthma is keeping it under control. This means learning about what causes your symptoms, how to avoid these triggers and how to use your medications correctly.
It is important that you see your doctor for regular check-ups so that you can work as a team to monitor and control your asthma. Together with your doctor, you can fill in your personal written Asthma Action Plan that will help you monitor and manage your asthma.
People who follow their action plans are likely to have better controlled asthma, fewer asthma attacks and fewer days off work or school because of their asthma.
Don’t let asthma get in the way of your everyday life.
Take the time to read our range of useful information and resources including:
- Asthma Action Plans, including examples of written plans and our Asthma Buddy phone apps
- How-to Video Library - videos that show you how to use your asthma inhalers and allergy nasal sprays
- Brochures & Factsheets
- Medications - the different asthma medicines doctors may prescribe for you
- Asthma and Allergy Sensitive Products
- Resources in other languages
Contact your local Asthma Foundation for further resources and information, or to speak to someone about your personal asthma management issues.
There's an Asthma Foundation in each state and territory. To find your local Foundation, visit the Asthma Australia website.