Australian Asthma Handbook
The Australian Asthma Handbook is Australia's national guidelines for asthma management and National Asthma Council Australia's flagship publication, forming the foundation of all our health professional resources.
"The Australian Asthma Handbook was developed by primary care for primary care. It contains exactly what primary carers need — practical and useful information in plain English, underpinned by the latest evidence." Prof. A. Barnard
The Australian Asthma Handbook Website
Providing best practice, evidence-based guidance, the Handbook is an innovative, easy-to-use and searchable website.
Version 2.2 of the Handbook was published in April 2022. Version 2.2 is a minor update but covers a number of important clinical issues. It includes new medicines, provides updated clinical advice on the management of exercise-induced bronchoconstriction, provides more detailed dosing information for single-inhaler combinations of inhaled corticosteroids and long-acting beta2 agonist combinations, and updates guidance on the use of electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation. Developed by a multidisciplinary team of respiratory specialists and primary care health professionals, the Handbook is our flagship publication and forms the foundation of all our health professional resources.
- More than 500 clear and practical recommendations
- The best evidence gathered using a rigorous methodology
- Extensive links to related resources and cited references
- Practice considerations for all primary care health professionals
- As part of the review process, the National Asthma Council Australia consulted with and has received endorsement from stakeholder groups such as the RACGP, APNA, and PSA on the latest update.
My Asthma Guide is a handbook designed to help patients understand and manage their asthma.