We are the national authority for asthma knowledge, setting the standard for asthma care.
The National Asthma Council Australia exists to build the capabilities for people to breathe well and facilitate best-practice care for people with asthma and allergies.
As the trusted authority leading the attack against asthma, we set and disseminate the standards of care through our responsive and evidence-based asthma guidelines, practice tools and resources and renowned education program.
We actively work to assess and address the impacts of asthma through advocacy and collaboration with policy makers, stakeholders and Australian and international asthma and lung health organisations.
Through our Sensitive Choice program, we provide the public with essential information about asthma and allergy management and empower consumers to identify asthma and allergy-aware products and services.
Our organisation is a collaboration of four member bodies:
- Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy
- Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association
- The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
As the nation’s trusted authority in asthma management and care, we are leading the attack against asthma to improve Australia’s capabilities in helping people with asthma to breathe well.
What we do:
- provide relevant and accurate guidelines and advice
- shape policy and practice as the responsive and trusted independent asthma authority
- partner to address inequalities in asthma outcomes
- cultivate an engaged and active network of contributors
- maintain sound governance, culture and finances