We are the national authority for asthma knowledge, setting the standard for asthma care.
We are a not-for-profit charity based in Melbourne with national reach. Our small staff works with a national network of leading health professionals dedicated to asthma and related conditions.
The organisation is a collaboration of four member bodies:
- Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy
- Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association
- The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
We also have close ties with many other Australian and international organisations working in asthma and lung health.
To reduce the health, social and economic impacts of asthma.
As a leading organisation for asthma, we:
- write the national treatment guidelines for asthma
- educate and support health professionals to deliver best-practice asthma diagnosis and management
- develop and disseminate evidence-based tools and resources for health professionals
- promote best-practice care to people with asthma and their families
- work to address the impacts of asthma through advocacy and collaboration with policy makers and stakeholders.
We have a person-centred approach that is multidisciplinary and inclusive, relies on evidence-based information, promotes upskilling and capacity building, and takes into consideration practicality, cost-effectiveness and sustainability.