Checklist of steps
Before using FESS Sinu-Cleanse® you will need to boil 200 mL of water then allow it to cool until luke warm. (Do not use with boiling hot water).
- Empty contents of one sachet into the FESS Nasal And Sinus Wash squeeze bottle (Fig. 1).
- Pour previously boiled luke warm water into the bottle to the line marked ‘FULL’ (Fig. 2).
- Place cap and tube onto the bottle and screw on tightly. Place finger over opening of cap and shake the bottle gently until the powder dissolves (Fig. 3).
- Lean or bend over a basin and place the cap gently inside the right nostril ensuring the tip is pointed towards the back of your head (Fig. 4). Keeping your mouth open, gently squeeze the bottle in a pulsing action. Whenever the soft squeeze bottle needs to fill with air, remove it from the nose before you release your hand pressure. This prevents “suck back” and helps to keep the remaining solution clean.
- Allow approximately half of the solution to wash through the nasal passages and sinus cavity and come out of the left nostril (Fig. 5).
- A small amount of the solution may enter your throat. This is not harmful.
- Using the remaining solution, repeat this process in your left nostril.
- If necessary, blow your nose when you have finished.
- Discard any remaining solution you do not intend using within the next 2 hours.
- Wash bottle, cap and tube thoroughly after each use and allow it to drip-dry.
- For best results use FESS Nasal And Sinus Wash once or twice daily or as directed by your doctor or specialist. This bottle is a mixing bottle for your convenience of use only. It is not a measuring device.
- Do not use if your nasal passages are completely blocked or if you have an ear infection.
- Discontinue use if wash causes pain or excessive irritation.
- If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional.
Thanks to Ms Narelle Williamson, Asthma and Respiratory Educator, National Asthma Council Australia, and the patient who participated in this film clip.
Development of this how-to video was supported by Care Pharmaceuticals. The National Asthma Council Australia retained editorial control.
Although all care has been taken, this video is a general guide only, which is not a substitute for assessment of appropriate courses of treatment on a case-by-case basis. The National Asthma Council Australia expressly disclaims all responsibility (including for negligence) for any loss, damage or personal injury resulting from reliance on the information contained herein.